Influencer marketing is one of the best things that have ever happened to the online market. There are a lot of people who now use this technique of social media marketing in order to gain more followers. Some people, who are hired in this kind of influencer marketing, are also provided with the opportunity to share their insights and knowledge. There are a lot of questions about how a business can do influencer marketing and how a business can use it to make some powerful social media marketing decisions that just make sense.
Who is an Influencer?
A social media influencer is someone who is well known in the market. They can influence the buying decision of the target market and ensure that they try the product that you are trying to sell.
These influencers have blogs that are known and they have a large following on their social media channels. The best thing about them is that some do not require payment and only need some free products that you want them to review.
Basically, it is like getting someone to write an independent review that will advertise your product and take it to another level.
Tips on Influencer Marketing
The following are some of the things that you can do to make great influencer marketing work.
- Have well defined goals and objectives. You should make sure that you have well defined goals that can help you choose the right kind of market that you are going to target. Never jump straight in… You should do your research and know exactly what you want and what you are willing to do in order to get it.
- Research on the influencer beforehand. There are a lot of people who are claiming to be influencers online. Hence, it is important to do some research n before signing any contract. Some influencers are out to get revenue and anything else that they can from companies. Always be on the lookout and make sure that you see actual following and previous sales from influencer marketing before even engaging g the services of the influencer.
- List down the best influencers for your product. Much like what you do before hiring any person to join your company, you should list the best influencers for your product and look at your shortlist critically. . You should always do your research before you choose any social media influencer. Interview them. Rate them based on how you want your product to be marketed.
- Engage with the influencer. The best way to make your marketing work is to ensure that you actually engage with the influencer and find out how they deal with people. Influencer marketing is about creating a relationship with the influencer and knowing them is the first step to do that.
The following are some of the things that you can do to engage with influencers:
- You should leave some comments on their posts. This allows them to know that you are watching them and that you know what they are up to.
- You should share their posts. It is important to share their posts and let your current market know about the influencer. This way, you can also test how the market reacts to the person and if there is a high level of likability with this certain person.
- Compliment them on the material they share from their blog. Building a relationship with influencers allows them to have a level of trust with you and your product. It is also easier to contact them when you have already established a connection.
- Cite them in a blog of your own and tag them when you post to social media. You need to create a connection with you and the influencer but you also need to create a connection with the influencer and the market that you currently have. You can do this by sharing the blog posts.
- Know the value that the influencer can bring to your product. You need to know in quantifiable terms the value that the influencer will bring to your product. Whoever brings the biggest value should get the biggest chunk of the project if you are using different influencers.
- Always look for a long term relationship. If you are looking for a great product relationship and good reviews, you should also look for a long term relationship with the influencer as this allows you to have incidental advertisements that promote your product.
- Take care of the relationship. Once you have built a relationship with an influencer you should also nurture it. Have an open relationship with the people doing your marketing and it will come back to you in a positive way.
It is important to try influencer marketing and you will find everything that you need to have an awesome campaign.